Your hair is exposed to a lot of damaging conditions during the Summer season. With a few tips you can minimize damage to your hair:
1. Protect your hair from UV rays. The most effective way is to wear a hat while in the direct sunlight for long periods of time. Another way is to wear sunscreen for your hair and apply evenly.
2. Perspiration, environmental dirt and quick drying hair products like hair spray and hard hold gel can cause dryness. Shampoo and condition your hair as needed with a gentle moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. After shampooing and conditioning, apply a light oil or grooming cream to your hair and comb the product through for complete and even coverage.
3. Air Dry your hair as much as possible. The heat and Tousle of the blow dryer can promote split ends and damage your hair.
4. Go easy on styling products with high alcohol content that will dry out your hair.
5. Minimize split ends and be sure to get your ends trimmed on a regular basis to keep your ends healthy.
6. Deep Conditioners are always helpful in keeping your hair healthy. You can even take advantage of the summer heat and put a moisturizing hair mask and wait to rinse it off until after your out of the sun. (Be sure to wash your hair before hand)